Legacy of Love, LLC. (“Legacy,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) operates the Legacy of Love application and related websites (each, an “App” or a “Site”, respectively) and several related services (all such services, “Services”). Through our App and Services, we offer you a journaling program to record your memories, and, if you wish, share them with others as well.
The Legacy of Love Promise
Giving families comfort and peace is at the heart of all we do. We wanted to share with you our commitment to you and your family.
- You own your memories (text entries, photos, videos, and audio files) at all times
- You control who can access your memories
What Information We Collect and How We Use It
When you choose to share your Personal Information or the Personal Information of your family members with other users of the Service (e.g., by inviting your friends, family members, or other users to see and interact with your memories etc.), you agree that they may view or otherwise access the Personal Information that you share with them and acknowledge that we cannot control and/or be liable for how they may use that information.
“Anonymous Information” is information not associated with or inherently linked to your Personal Information. Anonymous Information does not enable identification of or contact with individual persons.
We will use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with Services and customer support;
- Market our products and services to you that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Improve the quality of the Sites and the Services; and
- Communicate with you about the Sites and the Services.
- We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
We will communicate with you primarily in the form of push alerts and emails. You can manage the frequency and/or opt out of receiving these communications by changing your settings on the App and/or clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that even if you unsubscribe or opt-out, we may still send you Site and Services related communications (e.g., emails related to your account or the App).
We collect the following types of Personal Information:
When you download the App, we may collect your device type, your wireless carrier, and your individual device ID and we associate this with your Personal Information, though we primarily use this information to support your account and provide you with Services.
To use our Services, you must register through the App with our Services and open an “Account” with us by providing your name, email address, and a password. We retain information on your behalf, such as family members, scribers, entries, pages and messages that you store using your Account.
The most important thing we store is your journals. By default, your journals are private. Individual entries may be shared (see “Published Entries” below).
Legacy of Love provides a service, called Publish, that enables users to handpick selected entries to share. Our display of published entries is subject to the privacy settings you establish for them. When you publish or share content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) as part of our Services, other users may be able to see it, including anonymous visitors to the Site. Please remember this and be thoughtful about what you publish.
When you order Services through our App, we may collect information necessary to complete and record the transaction, though some of this information may go directly to our payment provider. If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location when you publish), we may collect, store and use that information. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either reinstall the App(s) or deactivate location services on your mobile device. Of course, your location may also be apparent from your entries.
We collect your other Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily as you use our App, Site and Services. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Services you are able to use.
In some cases we may collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation or by accessing your mobile device’s GPS coordinates or coarse location if you enable location services on your device. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your mobile device.
Social Media Platforms:
Legacy of Love’s Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. The Site and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Third-Party Payment Processing:
We may sell subscriptions or merchandise through our Services. When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a third party application, including the Apple App Store, Google Play App Store, Amazon App Store (together with any similar applications, “App Stores”), Social Networking Sites (“SNS”) such as Facebook, and other third-party payment processors, including Recurly, and Stripe. The third party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of Legacy of Love, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
We will use your Anonymous Information to:
- Keep track of logins and personalize your experience (including by tailoring content to you)
- Enhance the Sites or Services
- Improve the content of our software
- Customize the App, Sites or Services to you
- Contact you and/or market our products and services to you on our Sites or through our Services
We collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
Information Collected by Our Servers:
To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our App(s) to your mobile device. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the App(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our App(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our App(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
Combining Anonymous and Personal Information:
How We Disclose Information
We also disclose certain Personal Information:
- To third party vendors who help us provide the Services or the Sites;
- To third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information;
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets.
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) resolve disputes, investigate problems, or enforce our Terms of Service; (b) comply with relevant laws or to respond to requests from law enforcement or other government officials relating to investigations or alleged illegal activity, in which case we can (and you authorize us to) disclose Personal Information without subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (c) protect and defend our rights or property or the rights and property of you or third parties.
WE WILL NOT SELL, SHARE OR TRADE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT TO ANY UNRELATED THIRD PARTIES, MASS MARKETERS, OR TO OTHER NON-AFFILIATED ENTITIES FOR THEIR MARKETING PURPOSES WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
Controlling Your Information / Request For Removal
You can stop all collection of information by the App(s) by uninstalling the App(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
You can access and modify the Personal Information associated with your Account through your Account settings. If you want us to delete your Personal Information and your Account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will start the process to delete your information in a reasonable time.
Information Disclosed to Third Parties
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Services and App are not intended for children under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18 without verification of parental consent. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, please contact us at Legacy of Love, LLC, Attention: Chief Executive Officer, 710 S. Main Street, Suite 248, Fort Worth, TX 76104.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Legacy of Love, LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Legacy of Love, LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States:
This Policy was last revised: February 12, 2021.